Inside your duct
Dust is the main component of the material that builds up in your air ducts. If you think about all the dust you wipe off the surfaces in your home, you can imagine how much can accumulate in your air ducts in just a year. The trouble is that you can’t dust inside your air ducts, so it just keeps accumulating there.
What makes up the dust in your home and in your air ducts is pretty amazing.
Most Homeowners are surprised and alarmed when they discover the components and potentially harmful substances that are part of dust:
- Plain Old Dirt – Microscopic particles of dirt and minerals, along with paint lakes and other materials tracked or blown into your home is a large component of dust.
- Skin Particles – Tiny flakes of skin are constantly being shed by humans and pets in your home. You don’t see them, but there are millions of these particles in dust. When they come from pets, they’re called pet dander, and many people are allergic to this material.
- Droppings from Dust Mites – Every home has dust mites, living in all the fabrics and crevices in the home. They’re microscopic in size. They feed on the skin flakes mentioned above, then excrete tiny fecal pellets. Millions of these, which are potential allergens, are in your house dust.
- Fibers – Everything made of cloth or paper sheds tiny fibers, some large enough to see in bright sunlight. They make up much of those “dust bunnies” you find under furniture. These fibers also accumulate in your air ducts.
- Molds and Fungi – These primitive plants reproduce through airborne spores. The spores that accumulate in air duct dust are constantly re-circulated in your home, and are a major source of allergies.
- Microscopic Bacteria – There are millions of bacteria in every home, and even on our skins. It doesn’t matter how well we clean; they’re still there. Most are harmless or beneficial, but some cause diseases.
- Oily Smoke Residues – Smelly oils and microscopic particles in smoke also accumulate in your home and air ducts. The oily residues from smoking, cooking, and fireplaces make up part of the sticky film in your air ducts that traps dust.
Call (888) 959-9986 to Schedule Air Duct and Dryer Vent Cleaning appointment today
Since all the air in your home circulates through your air ducts, anytime you use your furnace the dust circulates too. Although the filter in your furnace helps trap some of this dust, much still settles on the inside of your air ducts. Over time, it can build up into a thick layer.
Even though it settles, it doesn’t stop circulating in your home. Some of it is picked up by the air flowing through your ductwork and re-enters the air in your rooms. If you look closely at the heat register in a room you don’t use often, you can see the dust on the openings. That’s just a tiny fraction of what lies behind the register and lines every square inch of your ductwork.
That accumulation continues to re-circulate and causes turbulence in your ducts, reducing your heating and cooling system’s efficiency. The dust re-circulating in your home settles on surfaces and can even trigger allergies and asthma.
Eliminating accumulated dust in your home’s air ducts is American Duct Cleaning specialty. Our powerful van-mounted equipment lets our expert technicians remove the accumulated contamination from your home quickly and efficiently. Your house will stay cleaner and allergy and asthma symptoms will be reduced. As a bonus, you’ll save on your energy bills.
Contact us now at (888) 959-9986
or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a duct cleaning day
December 2, 2015 — Rated 10 out of 10 by Sumon Lee – Vienna, VADan is amazing. Kept me informed the entire time. Took the to explain the process
November 20, 2015 — Rated 10 out of 10 by Donald Pigman - Alexandria, VAI was very pleased and completely satisfied with the results and what I believe was a fair price. Thank you!
December 5, 2015 — Rated 10 out of 10 by Maria and Steve – Baltimore, MDVery thorough and professional.
December 6, 2015 — Rated 10 out of 10 by Cindy Slaughter – Rockville, MDPrompt response, on time arrival, courteous, professional service. My husband and I are very pleased with the service we received. We have already recommended American Duct cleaning to our friends and neighbors.
December 7, 2015 — Rated 10 out of 10 by Joe Deane - Owings Mills, MDProfessional, friendly technicians. Took care of the concerns we had. Even corrected issues concerning the installation of our dryer vents. Very pleased with the service.
December 10, 2015 — Rated 10 out of 10 by M. Rahman Khan – Manassas, VADenis did a great job at clean my dryer vent they worked efficiently and effectively. Best of all my cloths are drying in a third of the time.
December 12, 2015 — Rated 10 out of 10 by Ian B. – Washington, DCEverything was included in the estimate. There were no surprises.
December 17, 2015 — Rated 10 out of 10 by Sam – Woodbridge, VADenis explained the whole process and all charges upfront so for me it was a best experience ever, I hate surprises by the end. Will use American Duct cleaning again in couple years . Thanks!
Please click the link below to write us a review on Google. We are always looking for feedback from our valued customers.
Call us for a free quote today and breathe a little easier!